The Background :
The majority of any communication is body language. This means that in every phone call, you're only getting half of what's being “said”. Seeing the little smiles, winks, shrugs and unspoken language on video call gives you the full experience.
What we’re after:
We’re looking for captured screen moments and shared experiences through video calls. These should be fun, authentic and represent those intimate moments only shared in looks and actions.
These clips should communicate how sound is only half the story and seeing the reaction adds so much. So we’re looking for non-language reactions and sounds from the video calls
It should all just feel fun and uplifting, sometimes silly, sometimes heartfelt, between you and the friends and family you share moments with every day. You get the idea. When you can’t be in the same room, sharing a moment between each other on devices can bring you both together. Those moments when you just have to share with the ones you love.
Each scenario we select (including both sides of the videocall), and which go live will be paid £2500 and you can send in more than one scenario. The production budget includes all costs including talent and third party rights
All media, excluding TV Global, 1 year. Including exclusivity over the footage/ film for the duration of the usage.
There will also be an exclusivity period of 3 months, commencing on the first live date, whereby the talent in your film will not be able to be featured in any advertisements for our brands competitors (which we will reveal once we have made our selection of the scenarios that will go live).
You will need to follow up with any talent and get a release form signed for all the selected scenarios we choose to go live with. Anyone under the age of 18 will need their parent/ guardian to sign their release for them.
Some thought starters:
We’re open to all your ideas but here’s a few thought-starters:
- celebrate winning teams or game
- Having fun sending kisses to each other.
- Making a meal fun on screen
- Celebrations and surprises
- Pushing through a work-out or yoga-fail with a friend
- Jamming together
- Showing off the best meal ever
- Face expressions competition (eye winking, eyebrow raising, nose wrinkling etc)
How your footage should look:
- Shot in portrait/vertical mode as you would be when speaking to someone on a phone.
- Please keep in mind that shooting from the front camera may feel more natural to the scenario
- It should be well lit so we can see each person clearly.
- Your clips can include sound; you could even record it separately, but submissions are allowed without sound
- Only use the native camera or video calling app. please don’t submit any footage shot using third party apps (WhatsApp, zoom, skype etc.) or third party filters
- If possible, submit the screen-record of your videocall from both phones – so we get full screen reactions from both sides of the video call.
- when submitting your footage, please specify which product / model you shot on.
- Please make sure your smartphone is no more than 2 years old and please film as high resolution as possible.
We are looking for filmed footage and existing footage. You can film in one of two ways:
- record them live, recording each participant separately, but bear in mind they’d need to be sync’d in post, or
- you may try to screen record a live call and try to capture the genuine reactions – though you will need to be confident in your wifi connections and need to record sound in parallel.
- Remember you need to send both sides of the videocall. See visual guide in the download sidebar.
A Few Pointers:
- We want to highlight the effectiveness of videocalls and how they feel, authentic and enjoyable.
- We aren’t looking for a full story (we’ll be using a small moment from your clip), just a single concept neatly executed.
- We need to see both sides of the recorded videocall.
- If filming in public or private property you will need permission to film there and get the required permits.
- You should also obviously work within the Covid-19 regulations and guidance in your region.
- You will need to provide a release form for everyone in your film. Anyone under the age of 18 will need to have a release form signed from their parent or guardian.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- Do keep it short – no more than 10 seconds, ideally
- Avoid submitting anything with brand logos in shot or on clothing, and any recognisable landmarks, artwork, music or other intellectual property in the background (including sports game footage).
- Please, no nudity or profanity, alcohol, drugs, violence or weapons.
- Do not post the video to your social channels whether selected or not until told otherwise. If you do, we will have to exempt your submission
- Finally, please do not put yourself or others at risk!
- If showing anyone under the age of 14, please ensure there is clearly adult supervision shown on camera
What Do I Do Once I want to submit?
Click the ‘Submit’ tab on the brief page and just drag and drop the file(s) of your footage/ scenario onto the page. Fill out the information form and hit ‘submit’. Easy!
Remember you need to send in both sides of your videocall and also tell us what phone you shot it on (you can do this by uploading a document or image telling us).
You can submit as many scenarios as you like, and each scenario we use will be paid £2500
The DEADLINE for submitting your clips is Sunday night 21st June (23:59 PST).