Send in your clips to show us how you’re handling life in home quarantine – note this is brief closes Monday night, so act fast!
We want to receive clips that celebrates the ingenuity, creativity and care that people put into reaching out to connect and bring joy to one another. Really, just great homemade footage from people around the world showing us how they’re entertaining themselves and the world from home.
What we’re after:
We want you, the Flare Studio creators, to send in clips of yourselves, roommates, friends and family members (of age, obviously) showing life under quarantine from Covid-19. Note: You do not need to include Jack Daniels in your scenarios.
It should all just feel fun and uplifting, sometimes goofy, sometimes heartfelt, sometimes you and your dog having a tea party. You get the idea. Those moments when boredom hits and creativity comes to the rescue. It can also be live video screen captures of you and your friends facetiming, having a happy hour digitally, etc.
Each clip the creatives select for the film will be paid $2500. You can also send in more than one clip. We're also looking for diversity so it doesn't matter where in the world you are you can get involved.
THIS IS A SUPER-FAST PROJECT, SO YOU HAVE ONLY 72 HOURS (END OF DAY MONDAY) TO FILM AND SUBMIT YOUR IDEA
ONCE WE GET THE CLIPS WE NEED WE’LL BE CLOSING THE BRIEF, SO ACT QUICKLY!
A Few Pointers:
- You don’t need to have a whole story (your clip will be used as part of a montage/narrative that we’re creating), just a single concept neatly executed;
- You can shoot on your smartphone or, if you have one, a DSLR (or higher grade camera) and while it is UGC (user-generated content), try and make it look as good as you can (not dark or out of focus, nicely-framed etc);
- You do not need to edit your clip, nor add music, but please ensure the audio is clean and anything people are saying can be easily heard;
- If filming in public or private property you will need permission to film there and get the required permits.
- Everyone in the video must be over 25 years old
- The video may live in various formats. It’s ideal for the video to work in multiple aspect ratios.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- Film on any device you choose – it can be your smartphone or a professional camera (if you have one)
- Do keep it short – no more than 10 seconds, ideally
- Try not to show any logos or brand names (eg T-shirts people are wearing) or other intellectual property
- Don’t include any music (so turn off the stereo/radio, please)
- Please, no nudity or profanity, drugs, violence or weapons – we simply won’t be able to use your clip
- Do not post the video to your social channels whether selected or not until told otherwise, if you do we will have to exempt your submission
- Finally, please do not put yourself or others at risk!
- Everyone in the video MUST be over age 25.
- Don't show or mimic famous films, tv shows or people.
What Do I Do Once I’ve Shot My Clip?
Click the ‘Submit’ tab on the brief page and just drag and drop the file of your clip onto the page. Fill out the information form and hit ‘submit’. Easy!
You can submit as many clips as you like, and each clip we use will be paid $2500.
The DEADLINE for submitting your clips is MONDAY 23rd MARCH (23:59 PST).
The Legal Bit
You will need to submit a signed ‘release form’ (you can download this from the sidebar) for anyone who appears in your clip, and upload it alongside your video(s) – this basically gives us permission to use your clip and remember NO MUSIC in your clips.